Police Clearance Certificate retrieval and PCC attestation in Tamilnadu (India)
Criminal record or Police Clearance is issued to Indian citizens in case they have applied for Residency Visa, Employment, or Student Visa for immigration. Police Clearance Certificate won't be issued for persons going abroad on Visit Visa.A person may be required to undergo a criminal record check for a variety of reasons, including employment screening, volunteer work, preparing for a court appearance, visa applications, etc.
The Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is a recognized certificate supplied to a citizen by the Indian Police or Indian Government official. It detects any criminal records that an individual may have against their name and provides a clearance certificate if such records are clear. A PCC may be required for Indian or foreign nationals who are currently residing or have resided in India, for the following purposes:
- 1. Applying for employment abroad requiring clearance
- 2. Seeking immigration to another country, or obtain visas to other countries
- 3. Satisfying an organization’s request
An Indian PCC does not have a validity endorsed on the certificate. Normally, it is valid for six months, however, this differs significantly based on the entity to which the PCC is submitted. It should also be noted that a PCC is issued only to individuals who are over 18 years of age.
UAE Police Clearance Certificate
UAE Police clearance certificate is evidence of your Criminal Record in the Country. UAE Police clearance is available for UAE Residents and Citizens of UAE nationality.
Qatar Police clearance certificate
Qatar Police clearance certificate / Good conduct Certificate is the evidence of your Criminal Record in the Country. Qatar Police clearance is available for UAE Residents and Citizens of UAE nationality
Saudi Police clearance certificate
In Saudi, the PCC will be given simply after the exacting review method. The police clearance certificate is considered as a result of your past good records in the country.
How to apply for an Indian PCC( Police Clearance Certificate)
Individuals applying for an Indian PCC can be broadly divided into the following categories, based on their nationality and current place of residence:
1. Indians residing in India
2. Indians residing outside India
3. Expats residing in India
Indians residing in India
he Indian Government has altered the PCC application process for Indian nationals residing in India to a self-help model where applicants can apply for a PCC online through the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) website. These are the steps involved in applying for a PCC through PSK:
• Generate a profile in PSK’s website
• Complete the online form, pay the fee and schedule an appointment to submit the documents to the nearest PSK
• Submit the documents at PSK: You must personally submit your documents
• Police verification: Personal presence is mandatory
• Collect the PCC from PSK: It may be collected in person. There is also an option to have the PCC dispatched directly to the applicant’s address from the PSK via registered/speed post
On normal it takes approx. 20 working days from the date of submission of the application to receive a response.