The UAE has become one of the fastest-growing business hubs that connect east and west. The investor-friendly atmosphere, economic stability, and free-trade zones have helped this Middle-Eastern country to establish itself as a highly potential economy within a short period.
Every year, thousands of people migrate to Dubai in search of employment or for setting up a business in the country. However, in order to get a work permit or business license in Dubai, you have to go through a lot of paperwork. When it comes to documentation, Dubai follows a strict regime.
Certificate verification, like the MEA document attestation, is mandatory for getting visas and work permits abroad. Attestation is the act of verifying the documents to ascertain their legitimacy with the sign and stamp.
If you are planning to migrate to the UAE, here are a few things that you should keep in mind about the attestation process:
- The attestation of documents is essential to avert deception, distortion, and falsification of documents.
- Certificate attestation is necessary to get a work permit, residence visa, and admission in schools and universities in the UAE.
- An attested document will help the UAE authorities to ensure that your certificates are authentic and genuine.
- Attestation is done from the country/state where the certificate is issued. If you are born in Mumbai but completed your studies in Chennai, you need to attest your educational documents from Tamil Nadu.
- Attestation of certificates is done for personal documents, educational documents, and commercial documents.
- There are several processes involved in attesting a document. These procedures can vary from state to state.
What are the main processes involved in attesting a document?
- For your educational certificates, you need the HRD attestation. Each state has its own HRD department.
- For personal documents, such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, will, affidavit, etc., and for non-educational documents, you need the Notary Attestation.
- After you have completed the state attestation process, you then need MEA document attestation. It is essential to get the embassy attestation.
- Embassy attestation is done from the embassy of the country that you intend to travel to. Like you are migrating to Dubai, you need to do the embassy attestation from the UAE embassy in India.
These are the main processes involved in attesting your documents in India. Depending on the nature of the certificate that you want to attest and the country you intend to travel, the attestation process can vary. There are other attestations as well, like:
- Ministry Of Foreign Affairs attestation
- Commercial document attestation
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate attestation
- General Administration Department attestation
- Police Clearance Certificate attestation
If you are planning to acquire a work permit or set up a business in the UAE, consult an attestation service in Chennai to save time and effort.