Marriage Certificate Attestation: Procedure You Need to Follow

Marriage Certificate Attestation: Procedure You Need to Follow

Marriage Certificate Attestation: Procedure You Need to Follow

One of the happiest things for a person living abroad is to bring his spouse or family with him there. You have to follow a few crucial procedures before moving to a new country with your spouse or family.

Whether you’re planning to move abroad alone or with your family, one of the essential things to be done is the documentation process. Without this documentation process, moving and staying abroad will be difficult. Once the documentation process is over, the next step is authentication. The most effective way to authenticate your certification is attestation. Marriage certificate attestation is necessary in case you’re bringing your spouse or family with you.

Make sure that all of your documents are kept in proper order and are attested. When you authenticate your certificates, it acts as genuine proof in foreign countries.

What is Marriage Certificate Attestation?

This certificate attestation is crucial when you apply for a family visa. The country in which you’re applying for a family visa needs to ensure that the marriage certificate that you are providing is genuine.

In order to make sure the authentication of the certificate, it has to be legalized and attested by the Embassy. Without a marriage certificate attestation, you will not receive a family visa.

Process of the Getting Marriage Certificate Attested:

  • Human Resource Development

The first phase in marriage certificate attestation is Human Resources Development attestation. For verifying your marriage certificate, you have to submit your document in the HRD development of the concerned state. The authority will authenticate your certificates and perform the attestation procedure. HRD process is almost the same in each state. It’s only the name that is different across the country.

  • Ministry of External Affairs

The ministry of external affairs performs the MEA attestation. MEA provides two types of marriage certificate attestation: MEA attestation and Apostille marriage certificate attestation.

MEA Attestation: It follows the standard attestation procedure. You have to submit your certificate for verification. And it will be attested by MEA after confirmation.

Apostille Marriage Certificate Attestation: If you’re traveling to a country that is a member of the Hague Convention, you need to get an Apostille stamp on your marriage certificate.

  • Embassy Attestation:

After HRD and MEA attestation process, the marriage certificate is submitted to the embassy or consulate of the country to which you’re planning to move. The Embassy will attest your marriage document after verification.

The Bottom Line

Well, the whole process can be time-consuming and hectic. But you don’t have to go through all those difficulties for attestation. A certificate attestation service provider can help you get your marriage certificate attestation without any hassle and promptly.

Make an Appointment

Just fill out the form below to make an appointment to get help from our qualified staff of doctors. It’s easy and fast..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *